A Message from the Chairman
Dr Anne-Maria Brennan
It gives me great pleasure to introduce Curriculum Enrichment for the Future (CE4tF), a charity dedicated to helping schools and colleges, parents and young people discover their shared dynamic heritages in this global and interdependent age.
CE4tF was established as the educational outreach charity for the Foundation for Science Technology and Civilisation (FSTC). CE4tF is a ground-breaking venture, working to enrich school curricula in order to highlight the shared cultural and scientific inheritance of humanity.
CE4tF has been created to help to redress the historical inaccuracies that exist not just in relation to Muslim civilisation but also to the other major world civilisations which, taken together, have significantly contributed to our modern world.
CE4tF aims to:
- Provide role models, for young men and women, who excelled in their life whilst at the same time upholding the moral values and aspirations of the societies in which they lived.
- Act as a counter to the stereotypes, prejudice and racism, and levels of ignorance that pervades much of our world in relation to other cultures that have contributed to civilisation.
- Encourage young people to increase their engagement with, and seek careers in, science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- Demonstrate that the modern world is the product of the complementary nature of many civilisations.
- Develop products and processes for curriculum enrichment that can have universal application.
CE4tF is non-political, non-sectarian and non-religious in approach, is based upon scientific methodology, and is sensitive to the moral and traditional values of each culture or religion.
In an age when curriculum responsibility is being passed back to the schools I am sure you will find this is an essential initiative and I commend it to you.